Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Hoop Hogs Get Good Early Test vs. Missouri

Wednesday night's game vs. Missouri should be a good benchmark exam for John Pelphrey's Razorback basketball team as they implement his new fast-paced style of play. Mike Anderson learned how to play up tempo ball from the best, Nolan Richardson of course, and his teams both at UAB and Missouri are very good at turning up the intensity. We will really get to see where this team is in learning how to play fast but under control instead of the snail's pace they were playing under Stan Heath.
And one more note on Anderson, I hope that he gets a roaring standing ovation when he is introduced at the game tonight. He deserves it. I think most would agree he should have gotten the Arkansas job after Nolan was let go. Time heals all wounds and I know that I am over the whole "pay me my money" episode from five years ago. Mike Anderson is a great college basketball coach and he helped lead Arkansas to its brightest moments in program history, and for that I think he should get a nice welcome to Bud Walton Arena tonight.

No comments: